Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sextrology is Tres Sexxxy

OK, Clever Tribe- it is time to check in with "Sextrology" by Quinn Cox and Stella Starsky. I was having lunch with a dear friend and she was relaying to me what a lovely time she’s been having in a new relationship. Truth be told she has been out of a relationship for quite some time and before that she’d been with the same man for 25 years!

Let's call her Barb. Barb lowered her voice and leaned in to me and said, "I'm concerned he’s not very attracted to me."

"What? You've spent every waking and sleeping moment with him for two weeks!"

"Well, we've had sex and … he doesn’t remain- uh, engaged, and it takes a really long time. He says he is enjoying it, but I am left feeling like I'm not that appealing to him."

"Is he a Taurus?"

"I don’t know. His birthday is May 13th."

"Taurus. It's not you. It's him."

"What do you mean?"

"There's a book you need to get- it's called 'Sextrology.' It will explain everything."

Fast-forward to the next morning when she knocks on my door- "Sextrology" clutched to her chest- her color high- her mood elevated.

"It's not me! Now I know how to please him and I did last night. This book is amazing. Thank you so much. I can’t wait to read my dad and my brother. Maybe I will gain some understanding of my whole family."

Barb is not overstating the value of this book. Now, don’t get me wrong, I have had to dig around a bit where some people are concerned- if they fall closer to one month than another. For example- I was speaking to a longtime close friend of mine and suddenly said- "Are you a Capricorn?" He said, "No, Sagittarius." I inquired as to the date of his birthday and I’ll be damned- it is the last day of Sag and late in the eve. So, perhaps he was born a week early- but meant to be a Capricorn because let me tell you- if anyone is a quintessential Cap male it is him.

You won't believe the things you can learn about the people in your life with this book. I’ve read the profiles of EVERYONE in my family and those friends who are part of the inner sanctum and find I’m much better able to navigate my relationships and make those relationships far more productive through my understanding of WHO they ARE.

I've said it before and there is no way to under value being KNOWN- it is such an honor to feel people have invested in you- taken the time to truly listen to what you say and internalize it. So, when you have some information going in- it helps so much dodge land mines and take care with certain issues.

Because I am such a devotee of "Sextrology," I now have people ask me about their sign and I refer them to the book. There are no simple answers, but everything you need to know is covered between "Sextrology" and "Cosmic Coupling"- both books by the preeminent authors in the field of astrology.

I’m not an expert but a HUGE fan. An apprecionado, if you will.

I especially enjoy reading about people prior to meeting them- whether it's a business or social setting. You don't have to read the whole profile to scan for interesting tidbits of information. It is So Very Clever to be able to say, "Are you a Libra?"- they don’t know you already know that- they feel listened to and valued. Undoubtedly the response will be- "How did you know?" Tell them the truth- "It's the way you carry yourself …"

I can promise you, the spotlight will be squarely on you for all the right reasons. Critical in a social situation where you are meeting the hot guy to whom your friends have been dying to introduce you. Most people post their birth date on Facebook and you KNOW how I feel about being purposeful. Take a few minutes to look them up- see what you can see and do some research.

Look up the music they enjoy- listen to a few songs. Depending on your level of interest- dig in. Watch a couple of his favorite movies and remember the funny lines to drop into conversation- it will pique his interest no doubt.

Isn’t fun the best thing to have? The Clever Tribe knows how to maximize an encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog