Monday, September 20, 2010

"ND Defended that Very, Very Well"- Uh, Lou?

OK, I admit it. If we were talking about picking a doctor, I’d be accused of doctor shopping right now. If you don’t know what that means, it's a system where you visit with a doctor, do not like what he has to say, so you visit a different one- on and on until you hear what you want. Not a great idea if the first four told you that you have cancer.

So, I have decided to go with the ESPNU Fan Rankings for week 4 instead of the AP, Bleacher Report, ESPN or USA Today- why? Because the Wolverine fans have come together and pushed UM up to 19 on the fan poll where everyone else has seated them 21 or lower.

Now, it’s no secret this is a vote, and the votes are taken from sports writers across the nation- and that it is fundamentally flawed (because I don't get a vote). That said- what did I think about Saturday?

You won’t get any Monday morning sniveling from me regarding performance. Despite the fact Michigan State is my alma mater- they don’t get a fair shake from me so I need to BLOW IT UP right now. Nice freaking fake, guys! Holy Cow. If you have not seen this faked field goal (that Lou Holtz stated Notre Dame defended very, very well- uh …) you need to. Now, it has been ruled no delay of game penalty should have been called, so ND fans can Zip IT. I want to acknowledge the fact that MSU coach Mark Dantonio was admitted to the hospital following the over time victory with a heart attack and after surgery is doing very well. (Clever Girls- you need to know who Lou Holtz is even though I can't understand a freaking word he says. He is a retired football coach- college and pro- an author, a sportscaster and a motivational speaker- though the only thing he motivates me to do is drift off. He was the coach at ND for ten years from 1986-1996).

I’ve said it before, UM plays to their opponent and I wasn’t too happy with their performance on Saturday day, but a true UM fan can admit- ugly as it was- it's still a V and this is where it traditionally falls apart for us so ...

UT- hmmm. I’ve got to say, I miss the shot gun, but that was a tense game for me. I had skin in it so all I can say is – WHEW. OU is going to be a zinger- can NOT wait. An unanticipated scheduling conflict will prevent me from watching the game, as I have every single year for a decade, with ESPN Austin’s Erin Hogan. Rain check, E. 11-20.

Ingram got out there and a rather impressive first two runs gave credence to his Heisman victory- but yes, I’m still stinging about Colt.

So, that is that- for me today, back to editing “Consumed.” If you have not seen the new, longer video trailer for the novel, check it out on youtube.com (search “Consumed Book Trailer”)- it will be on www.lidestrigriffin.com soon.

I initiated a Clever Contest- look to the right for rules of engagement and WHAT YOU WIN. I will be reposting the rules every other day on the main blog area so those who miss it- can be reminded. We all know someone who is getting married- let’s take the sting out of the photography line in the budget.

OVER and OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog