Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Happy Anniversary, So Very Clever!

Clever Tribe- I can not believe it’s been a year already! Thank you So Very Much to all my readers who have been with me since day one and all the new readers. There is so much going on on my end- I’m winding up the editing process on my first novel, "Consumed"- it’s been an a amazingly long process- beginning when I wrote it almost seven years ago. Check this out for details.

I added our first author podcast- a small question and answer portion. This first installment is me interviewing Alisa- we are answering questions from our readers via video. Should be fun. Click here to watch.

This is a defining year- I said I’d be published by 40 and I will have a book published one month before my 41st celebration. Whew. I don’t like when my predictions (especially in football) do not come to fruition.

I’m working hard on Book Two. The research is a bitch- no kidding- and I have a feeling it’s about to become a bit painful. You will understand all of that when you read it.

I want to express my gratitude to you all- this blog has been a gift to me. The most difficult thing for any writer is to write daily and you’ve keep me so inspired this year I have been able to do just that. Your comments and lines of communication have opened up the So Very Clever concept.

At the onset- the blog was simply a place to test drive the content for a book (still upcoming) called "The So Very Clever Girl’s Guide to Being a Guy’s Girl." Immediately, however, the content started evolving and you were asking my opinion on fashion and parenting and wedding planning. I have so enjoyed expanding and the creation of the content has stretched me as a writer. What more could you ask from a symbiotic relationship?

I’ve had women accuse me of marriage bashing. That is not my intent and if you feel offended by my marriage posts- you might want to examine WHY you are offended. Could be you are perpetrating some of the frauds I cite. Just a guess. I find offense usually comes from two places- the other person is on the mark or so far from it there is not reason to be offended.

I plan to explore the male realm vividly in the next six months- there is so much left to experience- I can’t wait. Love all things male- even trimmings in the bathroom sink and socks on the floor. How can you deny things so quintessentially MALE?

There is a bit of a nip in the air and that just gets me all hyped up about football. I promise, Clever Girls- the content in the sports posts will save your ass- especially on game weekends. Don’t just be a wallflower- read up and get in there. Start TALKING.

There is a new platform coming your way as soon as I catch up with social media paragon Jeremi Karnell for some tutorials. He really is the best at what he does, just a bit elusive as of late. I am promising a community where we can all get to know one another better. It’s time to get this thing monetized as well- writing is an addiction and it needs funding.

OK- over and out. Expect UT/OU talk in the next few days, I am lucky enough to be able to spend a couple days with the So Very Clever Crew from ESPN Austin. These guys know the score, so weigh in with them at Dick’s Last Resort on Friday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog