Saturday, September 18, 2010

Late to the Game- So Very NOT Clever

OK, Clever Girls, accept my apologies being So Very late with this post. Fact of the matter is, I am buried alive right now in editing "Consumed." It simply has to be a priority- along with sports. It's GAME DAY- OMGOSH, the air is a little cooler (somewhere other than Dallas), you can almost smell the tailgate parties, and if I weren't hung over, a cold beer would sound fantastic.
I'm going to give you some information that would be interesting to throw around while you are hanging with the guys who "invited" you to watch the game because you are So Very Cool.
Former UT star Sergio Kindle fell down two flights of stairs- no idea if he was hammered or not but -it might have effectively ended his pro football career. In a gesture of kindness, his coach, John Harbaugh (yes, the brother of Jim Harbaugh), has decided to try and work out a deal where they are able to wait for an answer on the future of this valuable player.
Today UT is headed to Tech, the hallowed ground where they lost in 2008- this, however, is a different team than in 2008. "Mike Leachless" Tech is a vastly different team- it will be a VERY interesting game. I'm going to take UT (emotional). Worth noting, I did state last year Mike Leach would still be trying to sort out what I feel is a legitimate gripe with Tech. Do I still think Adam James, his accuser, is a whiny bitch? YES. Honestly- buck up, dude- you play football- oh, that's right, you weren't playing, which is why you decided to used your one scintilla of "power" and fry your coach. So, translation for newly Clever Girls: Last year, the son of an almost-famous sports commentator, Craig James, accused quirky but effective coach of Texas Tech Mike Leach of abuse. Mike Leach lost his freaking job. Unreal.
What else? University of Michigan. Am I excited we are ranked? First time in a long time we have broken the top 20- I am So Very Proud. Here's the deal. A couple of problems. Though Sports Illustrated selected D'Rob (Denard Xavier Robinson- Clever nicknames prove your interest) their top week three Heisman pick- the Heisman voting is based on more than individual effort. They like to see Vs (victories) or Ws (wins)- they also like to see the way the individual performance creates an entire line of productivity. So, what does that mean? The offensive line is going to have to start performing. D'Rob can NOT carry an entire team. What other problems does UM face? They have not played a conference game yet and the Big Ten (though not as glorious as it once was) is an ass kicking. There is also the fact that UM tends to play to the competition. If they played Ann Arbor High, they might get their asses handed to them because they play to the opponent's skill level. This could be a good thing in conference play- Ohio State is going to be THE game to watch and I hope it's not because UM will become the laughing stock of the Big 10 between now and then.
Alright- back to "Consumed"- what an apt title, as it is truly consuming my life right now. I love every single second of it. I am So Very BLESSED to be doing what I love and not being paid for it. Someday.

2 comments:

  1. Right on, CG! Game day is sacred, and should not be messed with. However, it is certainly ok to capitalize on mistakes. For instance, my game watching plans for this evening have fallen through, and I find myself alone with my man to watch a pivotal game in my Longhorns season. So, in honor of all that is Clever, I threw on my Jordan Shipley #8 jersey with my burnt orange Hanky Panky boy shorts, and whipped up some homemade mac-n-cheese & ribs! Game on! Hook 'Em Horns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TxJule-
    You are So Very Clever indeed. NO one messes with Game Day. I bet your man very much appreciated the boy shorts, the ribs and the mac-n-cheese.
    Somehow, UM and UT snagged victories yesterday. Go Blue!
    X
    CG

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog