Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I'm Here to Get Hit On- Just NOT By YOU

OK, this just needs to be said- in response to those girls who are clearly NOT Clever. I was having a post-Dallas Stars Calendar shoot adult beverage at my favorite local and there were women EVERYWHERE. Now, normally this would be vastly unappealing to me- but when I am afforded the opportunity to observe behavior- it's fantastic.

So, the two women next to me were dressed to kill- and I don’t mean hunt animals. They were on the hunt no doubt- no equivocation. These were not the ladies who exploded from a supermodel bomb, nor were they of the sensible-shoe-and-attire variety either. However, they did send a very clear message and I’d like to spell it out for my male readers.

I could see the gentleman at the end of the bar observing for a while- likely formulating an approach. I was proud of him for taking his time- I could see he was calculating.

When he finally did make his way- both women anxiously turned to him and after determining he was not of interest- one of them said "I’m sorry, I’m just here to visit with my girlfriend- not to get hit on."

Two bold-faced lies in that statement. If you wanted to "visit with your girlfriend," unmolested, you’d have stayed in. With Clever Girls- who you are with is ALWAYS more important than where you are. Second lie- intimating they don’t want to get hit on.

What she really meant is "I am looking to meet someone, but it’s not you." I found her rude and offensive. Men generally don’t have to deal with being approached by women tirelessly, However, if you continuously base your options on looks and nothing more- the chances of you EVER meeting anyone up to par are slim.

What happens after someone meets your physical standards? Is it possible they might also fulfill what you desire in a man? I have a reputation for dating men who are what most women would find not very attractive. This is because I realized two things at a young age- no one was asking me out, so if someone did, I vowed to go (unless they appeared to have escaped from prison or were decidedly NOT Clever). Once I started accepting those dates, I realized what was truly important to me in a man and looks were not even in the top five. Sense of humor, confidence, gentility, intelligence and ambition.

So, the point to all of that is: While there are men who are the whole package- they are as rare as a pink diamond. So, the best idea for Clever Girls is to do some excavation before you toss out what could be a perfect gem.

If you have not heard- I am running a contest to promote my fiction and the release of my novel, "Consumed"- look to Clever Contest for rules.

4 comments:

  1. "I have a reputation for dating men who are what most women would find not very attractive."

    WTF? Are you kidding me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous-
    Have we dated? Are you offended? Bol. Just because one has a reputation for something, does not mean it is TRUE. Remember the "slutty" girl in HS? Ok, never mind ...
    However, I have dated a lot of men who most women would not find attractive- it's a fact. That does not mean EVERY man I've dated is unattractive. Geez.
    Further, I am attracted to the mind- so I will say that ALMOST every man I've ever "dated" is very intelligent.
    X
    CG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well we dated...and I'm attractive AND intelligent.
    Looks like you missed the boat...so very NOT clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous-
    Then you truly were and are a gem (or a prized yacht as it seems). I do have my So Very NOT Clever moments and clearly this is one of the more glaringly obvious ones.
    X
    CG

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog