Thursday, May 6, 2010

NHL MVP Finalists

OK, Clever Girls- I know I'm a bit late, though if you are as Clever as you seem, you probably looked this up on your own. Either way, the finalists for the 2009-2010 Jack Adams and Hart trophies have been announced. Again, I'm hoping you have booked a birthday trip for your Cancer man to take part in the NHL awards on June 23rd. Oh my GOSH! Vegas. NHL.

So you know, there is a big difference between being So Very Clever and being a So Very Clever Guy's Girl. As you become involved in the interests of the men in your life, you become a Guy's Girl. The theory here is you become a Girl the Guys not only don't mind but enjoy having around.

The key is not just being IN THE KNOW (you aren't a prop)-but how well you bolster the egos and validate them- even cater to them. All of this is really fun and a great way to show you care. We vote with time- so put some time in. Know what is going on in their favorite sports, make a way for them to enjoy their sports and if you honestly like watching, prove it (but don't invite yourself).


The games on the agenda for tonight

Hawks and Magic at 8 p.m. EDT

Pittsburgh at 7 p.m. EDT

Detroit at 7:30 p.m. EDT

Jack Adams Finalists

Joe Sacco- Colorado Avalanche

Dave Tippett- Phoenix Coyotes

Barry Trotz- Nashville Predators

Hart Memorial Trophy- League MVP

Sidney Crosby- Pittsburgh Penguins

Alex Ovechkin- Washington Capitals

Henrik Sedin- Vancouver Canucks

Wow- that leaves me with NO emotional attachment on the coaching at all. If I had to guess? Dave Tippett, but don’t hold me to it. The Hart Trophy is another matter altogether. What I love about Sidney Crosby is that at a young age he was compared to Mario Lemieux, ended up being drafted to the Penguins and is now taking a similar leadership role and seems to have the same "career" mentality Mario had.

So much in professional athletics comes down to being a hired gun- "Who will pay me the most?"- which is why I have moved my Sergei Fedorov jersey to the very back of my closet. He left the Detroit Red Wings- a team and a city that showed him great loyalty and favor- to become a Mighty Duck- barf (no offense to the Ducks- it’s just a tremendous slight)- for MONEY.

Gone are the athletes like Troy Aikman, Mike Modano, Mario Lemieux and Steve Yzerman, who have contributed so greatly to their community and have been embraced to such an extent they don’t feel comfortable leaving for MONEY. I’m getting a bit weepy. Don’t get me wrong- there are situations where someone would rather not be traded or let go, but it happens and often the fans are devastated.

Here are the standings for both the NHL and the NBA- it’s getting tight. First the NHL:

Boston is leading the Flyers 3-0- this is a disappointment to me. I really do love the Flyers, though I miss some of my favorites- Derian Hatcher and Keith Primeau. Both, I might add played for Detroit prior to retiring with the Flyers. Either way- again, emotional attachment. Of course, anytime I think of Derian I think of Kevin and I miss that Hatcher legacy.

Detroit better get out the shovels and start trying to dig themselves out of this hole. They are down 3 to the Sharks. Arrrggg. I cannot bear it.

Chicago leads Vancouver 2-1. My heart is with Chicago here. When I think of Chicago, I think of Bob Probert and Chris Chelios. This reminds me to head to Joey Kocur’s bar in Fenton, Mich., this summer (Clever Girls- Joey and Bob Probert were two of the most fearsome enforcers in the history of this game. I am sure YouTube is loaded with their fights).

Pittsburgh over Vancouver 2-1. I don’t need any further commentary here. Pens if the Wings are out and Wings if it comes down to the two of them matched up.

Now, the NBA:

Phoenix leads the Spurs 2-0

Lakers lead Utah- 2-0

Cleveland and Boston are split 1-1

Atlanta leads Orlando 1-0

I’m sorry I don’t have much to say about the NBA- I’m almost ready to sit down and watch. At the end of this round, I’m in it all the way.

If you are busy planning a wedding and you have already read all the Clever Couples posts at So Very Clever, click here to read some more articles.

It's about time for me to discuss more summer fashion infractions- and tips for getting the summer body you want. It really is simple and you don't have to give up EVERY single pleasure in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog