Tuesday, May 11, 2010

For a Good Laugh

In an effort to close the gap on movies men love and those that women enjoy- here is some common ground. Comedy can’t be underestimated. Listed are some classics and new ones every guy will want in the collection.

"Rush Hour" (Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan)

**"So I married an Ax Murderer" (I believe Mike Myers has never been funnier)

"Airplane" (Leslie Nielson really is freaking hilarious)

"Naked Gun" (Leslie, again. Still funny)

"Old School" (another Will Ferrell great- although I think it was a tepid "Animal House" remake)

"Shanghai Noon" (Jackie Chan and Owen Wilson)

"National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation" (the irrepressible Chevy Chase)

"Bad Boys" (Will Smith)

"Arthur" (the humor)

"Tommy Boy" (Chris Farley and the unfailingly amusing David Spade)

"Fletch" (Chevy)

"Home Alone" (the feel good holiday movie)

"Elf" (Will Ferrell at his clean funniest)

** "Caddyshack" (non-negotiable)

"Happy Gilmore" (Adam Sandler and a host of familiar faces will have you laughing)

** "Animal House" (it’s a classic - seriously)

** "Wedding Crashers" (Vince Vaughn stole this movie out from under Owen Wilson)

** "The Hangover" (Bradley Cooper- enough said)

** "Superbad" (it's not as BAD as it sounds)

** "Stripes" (an oldie but one of Bill Murray's funniest movies)

A lot can be surmounted with humor and Clever Girls LOVE to laugh and find the laughter of men seductive. It's Wednesday, which gives you exactly two days to pick a couple of these and acquire them along with some good beer, popcorn and a few fantastic take-out menus. Hole up and prepare for your stomach muscles to get a workout.

I have to be honest and throw in my all-time faves on this list: "Happy Gilmore," "Animal House," "Arthur," "Wedding Crashers" and "Elf." Oh, "Tommy Boy" and "Christmas Vacation." That is a good time for me- especially if I am sharing a bottle of wine and then a case of Miller Light with Geoff as we round out the day with Chevy Chase.


6 comments:

  1. You know, I think that Christmas Vacation should be on any Clever Guy/Girl's list of phenomenal ab workouts.

    LOVE that you added Superbad to the list...one of my new So Very Clever favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gosh, I haven't thought about Stripes in years. Remember that line Bill gives about "giving you the aunt jemima treatment" when he's tickling that chick on the stove with a spatula? Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GB/GF/CG-
    I added Superbad because you said you wanted to see it and I've heard it's all the rage- I have not seen it- but if it's getting that much mouth time- I need to.
    OMGOSH- I did forget Monty Python and Airplane- so freaking funny. A very Clever Guy reminded me of these not to be missed films and he's sooo right.
    X
    CG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eric-
    Of course. He's So Very Funny. Good times indeed. Feeling OK? I've been lying low- given my recent, uh, backfires.
    X
    CG

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can get on board with most of those - particularly "So I married an Ax Murderer." Just watched that earlier and it is still as funny as the first time I watched it.

    My favorite of all time will always be "Young Frankenstein." It is a work of pure genius for which I shall always be grateful to Mr Mel Brooks.

    I'm undecided on "Wedding Crashers," but will, for the moment concede that one.

    The item with which I must take issue is your inclusion of the absolute worst movie in all of creation. Yes, I say all of creation, because it is known in the far reaches of the universe as the worst movie ever produced by any species on any planet. Ever. The movie in question is "Elf" - a film for which Will Ferrell should be soundly slapped about the head.

    I have asked for my money and my time back. I've yet to receive a response.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mattie-
    I've heard So Very much about "Young Frankenstein" and "Princess Bride" neither of which I've seen and need to invest the time in doing so.
    It seems we diverge at Will Ferrell- "Elf" is one of my FAVORITE movies of all time and I'd watch it every single day if I had time- So Very funny. If you are really THAT jacked about it- I'll give you five dollars- but you have to watch it ONE MORE time.
    X
    CG

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog