Monday, May 10, 2010

It's Written in the Stars- Are YOU Reading?

As promised- it’s time to introduce you to the second book by Stella Starsky and Quinn Cox- the follow-up to "Sextrology" is called "Cosmic Coupling" and it’s an absolute must have.

Now, if you have yet to identify, I am most perspicacious and discerning. Therefore, it is a rarity a non-fiction book, concept or author gets my attention. Starksy and Cox not only have my attention, but I am laser focused on the information they are imparting.

I’ve had many ask me why I am so enthralled with these books and the response is simple. This is NOT about painting with a broad brush or flying at 30,000 feet, speaking in generalities and hoping to hit upon something- oh, no. The research they have done translates to intimate, eerily accurate knowledge of our persons- so much so that I had the urge to look the authors up to make sure I didn’t KNOW them.

As stated clearly, Capricorn is a closed book until SHE decides to open up- there might never have been a more accurate statement made about me personally. When one speaks truth- it’s difficult not to listen. I am a painfully introspective person, preferring to look inward for the answers to questions regarding my relationships, which is not to say I am to blame when things sour, but knowing I play an equal part in the creation, maintenance and even dissolution of said bonds.

Now, as far as how these books relate to Clever? I have gotten more conversational mileage out of reading "Sextrology" than FOX and ESPN running like a ticker through my brain all day. Why? Because anyone can strike up a conversation by saying- "What do you think about all of this steroid abuse in sports?" (and I would be sooooo proud of you if you did) But, if you are not making inroads, or you WANT to make inroads- it’s important to be So Very Clever and part of that is being informed and intentional.

Last night, for instance, I was with several male friends and a couple of gentlemen I didn’t know. They were all friends and one was particularly difficult to read and not interested at all in speaking with me. I tried a few standard Clever moves, but they were dismissed (which overjoys me), so I went to the restroom and looked up a friend's FaceBook profiles- found the impenetrable friend in question- ascertained his birthday and translated that quickly to ammunition.

Aries. Easy mark for me. I was approaching him in too lofty a manner, which according to "Cosmic Coupling" is a bit intimidating for Aries. He might feel "unworthy of this wise woman." So, I switched gears a bit, tapped into a more playful "me" and we got on quite well. I had to be cautious, however, of the sexually charged Aries male. It’s so much easier to not send "mixed signals" when you know what signals the other person prefers to receive.

That is where these books come in- can you imagine having basic knowledge of a person going into a relationship, whether it’s an interview, friendship, a sexual relationship or even a sibling dynamic? I’ll admit, I have researched my parents and now understand why we clash on certain subjects and have actually been able to curb some of my tendencies to decrease tensions. It’s so empowering.

As far as "Cosmic Couplings," I now know why a great number of "relationships" didn’t work out, and even taken from a "friend" context I actually burst out laughing when it said Capricorn female and Aquarius female seem to have an "allergy" to one another. I’ve always tried to define the nature of my relationship with one of my best friends Ann Marie- this is perfect. In simple terms, an allergy is an automatic response- like it or not we respond to one another. Sometimes it’s fantastic and sometimes we get our hotel room upgraded because we are having such a bitter argument about whether the room should have a refrigerator. And let me tell you- she and I in the same car for too-long spells- well, we are both still alive so we don’t know how long "too long" is. I can tell you, I will be the one standing (Cap women are indomitable (not the words of Starsky OR Cox- my own opinion) unless I decided to run the car into a concrete barrier to end it once and for all.

"Cosmic Coupling" is essential for the single folk- and undeniably provocative for those in a committed relationship. It helps to shed light on the potential blind spots or land mines in a union and can actually guide you in softening some of the rough edges in the way you communicate. I cannot imagine accepting a date, walking into a meeting or having another conversation with one of my brothers without testing the waters of our chemistry.

Imagine walking into a crucial interview having read all about the interviewer’s sign and their chemistry with your sign. Wouldn’t it be nice to feel empowered instead of under a microscope. If you thought you could get a foothold, would you want that? I would. But research, purpose and intention are the hallmarks of being So. Very. Clever.

Now, Clever Tribe- it has to be said- my Red Wings are out of the race and I am moving past denial and into ANGER. I’ve got to tell you, the officials really played a part in their demise. The Wings are the only TRUE sports dynasty in Michigan and my home state really needed something to feel good about.

It’s time for another wedding post- some time this week- and I won’t forward you because I’d hate the Clever Guys not to tune in. When will you realize? I’m on your side! I really should light the fuse on my cannon full of HATE directed at bullies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog